Novice:

Dobrodošli, Gost. Prosimo prijavite se ali pa se registrirajte. Ned, 21.Jan.18, 07:59

Prijavite se z uporabniškim imenom, geslom in dolžino prijave

Strani: [1]
  Natisni  
Avtor Tema: GreenLight WorldFlight  (Prebrano 8820 krat)
Milan Korbar
Odjavljen/a Odjavljen/a

Sporočil: 217

Poglej Profil
« : Sob, 18.Feb.12, 00:11 »

Nenavadno se mi zdi, da se doslej še nihče ni spomnil odpreti teme, posvečene podvigu Matevža Lenarčiča
ki ga nekateri spremljamo že od začetka. Tukaj je okvirni načrt leta: ITINERARY AROUND THE WORLD - WESTBOUND 2012
- Aircraft: Pipistrel Virus -SW914 / S5-PEZ.
Letenje lahko v živo spremljate na GreenLight WorldFlight - Track, kjer je tudi forum za pogovore s člani Matevževe ekipe,
kadar ima pilot Matevž kaj časa, pa tudi sam napiše o prvih vtisih. Od tam sem si sposodil nekaj slik z leta za Quito

Priporočam spremljanje, po potrebi in želji tudi z moralno podporo.

Trenutni položaj na letu iz Antartike proti Punta Arenas (17. 2. 2012 u 15:45)

Pod sliko je skrita povezava na večjo sliko!
Spremljanje trenutnega položaja!
« Zadnja Sprememba: Sob, 18.Feb.12, 00:17 Milan Korbar » Zapisan
Milan Korbar
Odjavljen/a Odjavljen/a

Sporočil: 217

Poglej Profil
« Odgovori #1 : Ned, 19.Feb.12, 17:49 »

Matevž Lenarčič   19.02.2012  13:44:58 GMT
Citat: Matevž Lenarčič
Greetings from Concepcion, Last three days were really demanding as the future was always a bit uncertain and dependent of weather models, actual weather conditions. But with a great help
of GLWF team especially Domen who devoted his 24 h a day to the flight and Jonathan Selby and Roxanna Diaz and a lot of luck we managed to finished Antarctic episode safely. Some delay due
 changing flight plan from VFR into IFR got me out over Beagle channel quite late. First part in between cloud layers avoiding ice was cold, but after flew into the sun life became more optimistic.
Somewhere in the middle of Drake passage Domen sent me METAR for Marambio which was in fog so soon decided to fly into my alternative Chilean military base Marsh. The weather forecast for
next day was very bad so I just extended my flight along the coast toward Deception and Elephant Islands to took some photos. Flight further on was blocked with frontal clouds which was coming
from SW. At Marsh nobody expected me due some misunderstanding between Argentinian and Chilean authorities what was soon solved out. Alejo Contreras legendary Antarctic explorer (Ice man)
who has already spent 30 years on this frozen continent greeted me and showed where my two drums of fuel which were shipped by boat two months ago from Punta Arenas were waiting for me.
After we had dinner with commander of the Base and I rally got a warm welcome from everybody. Thanks guys it was great pleasure meeting all of you. The weather is going to deteriorate tomorrow
afternoon so if I don't want to be trapped in the Antarctic for another week I should fly back in the morning. After refueling with Avgas 100-130 which is not good for my engine but mixing with some
healthy one is going to work, we pushed aircraft straight on the stony runway. I was soon cleared by excellent english speaking controller and headed out over freezing ocean staying low due
clouds and after climbed to FL110. On the left side was a dark wall of frontal system so doors back to Marsh were closed. Right in the middle of Drake passage was a front moving to the east, so I
managed to stay on the sun almost all the way to Tierra del Fuego where weather deteriorate. I had two options to try to overfly rising clouds and could get later in icing condition or going down to
warmer air and looked for a window over Magellan strait. Decided for second one, pulled brakes out somewhere over Cape Horn and got at 2000 ft bellow the cloud base and 2 deg. temperature.

After slaloming between deep fjords, mountains climbing descending and finally got over the Magellan strait which I followed mostly IMC (thanks to great Garmin GTN750) to Punta Arenas where the
weather cleared and landed in sunny weather. With a great help of señor Nelson from DAP I prepared my flight over the Jelo Patagonico to Concepcion. Late departure due paperwork, refueling, and
checking the carburetors (I found some leaks) got me out over the cloud deck straight to Torres del Paine. Amazing view were spoiled by engine problem loosing some RPM and power so turned to
Calafate. After several looong minutes engine sound got back to normal so continued toward the glaciers Perito Moreno, Upsala, Viedma and Cerro Torre and Fitz Roy which were clear of clouds in
almost no wind. Great views but a lot frustration as I was not confident with engine run and had a strong smell of fuel when opened the window. Soon clouds covered the glaciers and fjords and
only highest peaks remained outside. At FL120 and -9 dg would be a real challenge getting the aircraft down in on peace in case of engine failure. It was time for some meditation and self realization
that sometimes we should just believe without reason. Clouds and ice got higher so climbed to FL155 all the way to the coast, where Domen got me infos that the weather in Concepcion is clearing.
Evening landing in Concepcion which was striked by earthquake and Tsunami just months ago was a huge relief.

MITJA S5-PIR: tvoje oreha seveda nisem pojedel, pac pa sem ga posadil na Antarktiki v blizini kontrolnega stolpa. Fantje so izrazili zeljo, da bi imeli taksno sencko, kot jo imas ti.
Citiraj

Zapisan
Matjaž Zupan
Administrator
Odjavljen/a Odjavljen/a

Sporočil: 400

Poglej Profil
« Odgovori #2 : Pet, 25.Mar.16, 11:27 »

Tudi letošnjo pot Matevža Lenarčiča na poti okoli sveta lahko spremljamo na http://www.worldgreenflight.com/.
Zapisan
Strani: [1]
  Natisni  

Skoči na:  

Podprto z MySQL Podprto z PHP Powered by SMF 1.1 RC3 | SMF © 2001-2005, Lewis Media

Preverjen XHTML 1.0! Preverjen CSS! Dilber MC Theme by HarzeM